Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dear Cliff Lee

Dear Cliff Lee,

I know I haven't seen you in a while, but I heard you are doing well. I want to wish you the best with your new team, but I have to be honest: things aren't the same without you.

I miss you. I want you back. Please come home. Philadelphia has everything you need. Is it money? I can help you if you're hard up. I promise things will be different this time. I'm different. I won't yell at you anymore about anything. You were the best pitcher I ever had. I still think about the time we spent together. I watched you pitch for hours. I can't bring myself to visit you and your new team. I saw your picture on facebook and you look so.....happy.

I got a new pitcher now, he reminds me of you. He wears the kind of jersey you used to wear. Looks stupid on him though. He is 4-0 with a 0.82 ERA in his first four starts with Philadelphia. He's very similar to you.
Ambitious.
Relentless.

He's not you though.

Please, please come home, Cliff.

Love, Caito

No comments:

Post a Comment